Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Doing too much?

So writing has been okay, just okay. I am trying to manage writing while also still collecting interviews and archival research and sometimes it seems like I'm being pulled in too many directions. Or perhaps I'm not sure of the direction yet and with every new story I uncover, my major story changes a little. How do you manage research and writing? Do you set aside time for both everyday? 

Another issue that I have been struggling with is that I have committed to too many conferences. Events that when I signed up for them, I thought great this will give me a hard deadline to have something ready. This can be a good way to motivate oneself, but only in moderation. I'm getting ready for October and every weekend I am presenting somewhere (mostly places that require a lot of travel). When October is done I will have to spend a good amount of time completing dissertation fellowship applications. What I am learning is that sometimes I sign up for too many things (boundaries, important skill to have). I believe they will all be beneficial in someway of course, but this does take away from concentrated writing time.

Strategies I learned this week: No Facebook until I have completed a good portion of work.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give myself a satisfactory this week. I definitely need to spend more time writing, but I also have to reconcile the need to do more research. I had a really great interview this week and I'm looking forward to spending the next couple of days in the archive.

It takes time to figure it all out. Be patient with yourself, but do not coddle. Push yourself, but do not hound. Find balance and find it again. 

Wishing everyone a great writing week!

4 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your work and very amazing and important information about the Dissertation Examples which have share in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This information is really worthy and please provide me some new content along with best bookmarking sites .. and please keep posting more information.
    Top Dissertation Writing Services UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant writing and very pleased to find this site. I couldn’t discover to much different information on your blog. I will surely be back again to look at some other important posts that you have in future.
    Best Dissertation Writing Service UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Name is Abhay Kumar. I’m a Blogger living in India. I am a fan of technology, design, and writing. I’m also interested in programming and blog. I would like to share articles related to SEO, blogging tutorials, WordPress Tutorial, Make money online. You can read my blog.https://www.ducatindia.com/java-training-course-in-gurgaon

    ReplyDelete